Hartland Hunting Safaris Policies
Bookings and Reservations
- Reservations can be made by contacting us via E-mail or telephonically.
- Safaris are booked and confirmed upon receipt of proof of deposit payment into the bank account of Hartland Hunting Safaris
- A deposit of 50% of the total daily rates to confirm your booking. Payment by direct transfer (EFT) before the hunt or alternatively cash at the end of the hunt. All outstanding payments must be made before your departure on the last day.
Cancelation Policy and refunds
- If bookings are cancelled more than 120 days prior to the commencement of the safari, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If bookings are cancelled less than or within 120 days prior to the commencement of the safari no refund will be made.
- International Visa, Diners Club, American Express and MasterCard credit cards are generally accepted, while Speedpoints and ATM facilities assure quick and efficient service. Holders of other card types are advised to clarify whether their card qualifies as an acceptable payment method in Namibia. You have the possibility to exchange foreign currency at a number of hotels and lodges throughout the country and also at the Airport
- NOTE: No credit cards are accepted at petrol service stations.
Although we maintain utmost care and precaution for the safety of our guests, we cannot accept responsibility for any illness, accident or loss whatsoever, nor any expenses of any nature arising there from. We advise, therefore, that you obtain the following insurance for yourself before you leave home:
- Accidental death and disability
- Loss of personal effects
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Major medical
- Trip cancelation
- Comprehensive travel
Guns and ammo
- We recommend that you bring your own firearms. One you feel comfortable with. If you decide not to bring your own firearm, it is possible to hire a perfectly reliable firearm from us.
- An unlimited amount of rifles or shotguns may be temporarily imported for the sake of trophy hunting.
- Recommended minimum caliber for plains game is 7mm up to .375 Scoped
- Ammunition: we recommend the following premium grade bullets- Swift A-frame, Barnes-X, Fail Safe, Nosler Partition or Norma for all Plains Game. 200 rounds per caliber may be imported.
- Recommended minimum caliber for Big/Dangerous game is .375
- Ammunition and optics (scopes) for Big Game: you should please consult with your Professional Hunter beforehand on what he recommends for the specific circumstances. 200 rounds per caliber may be imported.
- Bow hunting is allowed on plains game and we welcome it.
- All of our hunting areas are suited for bow hunting.
- NB. Hand guns and automatic rifles are prohibited by law.
- NB. Airlines require that firearms and ammunition be checked. Firearms should be securely cased and unloaded, with ammunition separately contained from the rifles. You must advise the commercial airlines that you will be traveling with firearms and ammunition. Please check with the airlines as to their particular regulations to weight and packing at least six weeks before your departure.
- You can find a Namibian Import Permit for your firearms on our website.
More Info About Hartland Hunting Safaris !
Well-regulated, Selective and Ethical Hunting
We created the best possible conservation structure for our wildlife numbers to be able to grow...